Monday, August 12, 2019

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Again

I paid the new Tarantino film a second visit, this time with the THC Son who is visiting for a few days.  My original review.

Seeing it a second time allowed me to pay more attention to the period details, which are so precise and so right, and the general atmosphere, appreciating all of Tarantino's little touches.  Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are even better than I thought.  And the musical choices are spot on.  I particularly liked the use of Out of Time (The Rolling Stones), Twelve Thirty (The Mamas & The Papas) and the Jose Feliciano version of The Mamas & The Papas classic, California Dreamin, as well as a perfectly using an edited version of the intro to You Keep Me Hangin' On by the Vanilla Fudge. I rate it even more highly now.

Tarantino finally made a movie with heart and warmth (and yes, there is violence).  A great film.



1 comment:

  1. First time I have paid to see a Tarantino film and I enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete