Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dad

Early this morning my dad Simon passed away at the age of 93 after a brief illness. Until recently he'd been in good health and spirits.  We were fortunate to have him with us for so many years and that he was able to spend so much time with his grandchildren. My first memory of Dad, which I told him about just a couple of weeks ago, was of driving with him (he loved to take us on drives) while he sang (which he also loved to do) Skidamarink a Dink a Dink and I've Been Working on the Railroad. The picture is of him holding me a looonngg time ago.


3 comments:

  1. Mark, I am very sorry for your loss.
    What a great job he did of producing a fabulous son.
    So sorry, pal
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, so sorry to hear about your loss. Glad he had so many years with the family. -Bill F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed this posting. Belated blog condolences, Mark. Love the pic. dm

    ReplyDelete