Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's Not Business, It's Personal

That is, if you are a person.
If you're not, then it is business.

Remember when they promised your insurance premium would be reduced by $2500?
Remember when they promised you could keep your plan if you liked it?
Remember when they promised you could keep your doctors?

Turns out they didn't mean you, they meant the other guy.

Now that THC thinks about it maybe that isn't right either.  Since, as Barney Frank reminds us, "government is simply the name we give to the things we choose to do together" and we are certainly doing this together there really is no you in the equation anyway so you can't claim the promises were broken.

In fact, you are not you.  You are an Egg.  Now that I have your attention, Egg  . . . may I introduce you to Omelet.  Of course, as others have pointed out, it is remarkable how many eggs can sometimes be broken without making a decent omelet.

Let me introduce you to two new Eggs:
 
From the San Jose Mercury News (October 5, 2013):

But people with no pre-existing conditions like Vinson, a 60-year-old retired teacher, and Waschura, a 52-year-old self-employed engineer, are making up the difference.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

 "I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."
Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level -- the cutoff for a tax credit. And while both said they anticipated their rates would go up, they didn't realize they would rise so much.

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."
Which reminds me of the old politician saying about taxes:

Don't tax you
Don't tax me
Tax the fellow behind the tree 

No comments:

Post a Comment