Friday, July 15, 2022

Lend Me Your Ears

In March I linked to Damian Lewis' fine rendition of Marc Antony's funeral oration speech from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.  I came across an even better performance of the speech today, this one by Jake Phillips, about whom I know nothing.  The combination of Jake's acting ability and his Southern accent makes for a memorable rendition.

I don't have a Tik Tok account (and recommend against it) so am linking it via a twitter account I frequently read.

On our recent drive cross-country we listened to many of The Rest Is History podcasts by British historians Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook, which are funny, entertaining, and educational.  Among these were several on Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon and on the life of Cleopatra, in both of which Marc Antony played key roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment