Friday, August 23, 2024

Turmoil And Tinfoil

Another one from Billy Strings from earlier in his career in 2017.  The lyrics reflect on his childhood filled with family drug problems; his father died of a heroin overdose, while his mother and stepfather became meth addicts (both now recovered).   This version is six minutes, but in concerts more recently he stretches Turmoil and Tinfoil into 15 to 20 minutes filled with improvisations and snippets of other tunes.

Through the turmoil and the tinfoilI could wait my early lifeI can see you in the darknessAnd I'm running through the night
 
I recall a silver morningWhen your face had turned to grayYou were standing right before meBut I missed you every day
 
Though you never said you're sorryI forgave you even thenBut I feel inconsequentialIn the current state I'm in 

No comments:

Post a Comment