Sunday, July 14, 2019

Am I A Cliche?

This is getting scary.  I read something yesterday reminding me that in early 1969 I'd seen the first hippie musical, Hair, on Broadway.  That triggered a cascade of memories.  In 1969 I also:
Saw The Who debut Tommy at the Fillmore East.

Went to Woodstock.  We were among the few with tickets.  I still have the program. And I drove my girlfriend's father's VW Van to get there! 

Attended a SDS meeting during freshman orientation at the U of Wisconsin and listened to young people argue over whether it was better to be a Stalinist or a Trotskyite.

That November I was one of 500,000 participants in the Moratorium Against the Vietnam War March in Washington DC.

I also watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.

And viewed Casablanca for the first time.
I report, you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment