Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Nice Moment

From the Cubs-Dodgers playoff series.  In his prior at bat, Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo had gotten angry with umpire Angel Hernandez over a called strike.Rizzo ball four  Here's what happened next time Rizzo came to the plate:

Rizzo:   "My fault on that, my fault on that, sorry"
Hernandez: "Your fault for what, brother? Come on, you're good, bro. You're awesome with us. No, no worries. You're competing. I understand. Don't worry. You know what's best of it? You come back and tell me that. That's how good of a guy you are; ya kidding me?"

This was Rizzo's comment when asked about the incident after the game:
"Yeah, well, the umpires, all of the umpires they're out here at the highest level doing their best, and we're competing at our best and they're competing. So on a pitch that I disagreed with and to think it was a ball and then him call a strike, I don't like showing up the umpires. They're out here working their tails off 162 like we are. There is no home for them. They're on the road the entire season. So just to let him know that, hey, my fault there. I probably should have waited a little longer to not just assume it was a ball. That's just the way I am. They're working as hard as we're working, and it's just different perspectives."

No comments:

Post a Comment