Friday, November 9, 2012

Not In A Row

Day 11.  Yesterday afternoon the Optimum service rep told me that they were working on the outage in our neighborhood even as we spoke!  However, in repeated visits to observe the work in progress I saw no one there but, then again, my eyesight might be failing or perhaps I am being blinded by rage.  Maybe I should become more accepting of our fate like my good friend Henri.

Another service rep assured me that they were working 24/7 which brought to mind a Steven Wright joke:

"I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'"
Here's some more Steven Wright.  My favorite line:
  
"The ice cream truck in my neighborhood plays Helter Skelter."

1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff, inspires me to try stand up! dm

    ReplyDelete